Going for a Health Check – Instructions For Preparation
Be it complete prevention from diseases or treating a pre-existing condition, it all begins with a health check. Listed are some important points to keep in mind while going for a health check-up.
Why are you getting a health check done?
The purpose of getting a health check lies in realizing the kind of tests required to detect a prevailing health condition. For instance, if one is suffering from a gastrointestinal ailment, a basic blood or stool test cannot provide a clear picture of the underlying disease. Sometimes, undergoing LFT and other such tests helps gauge the severity of the disease in utmost clarity. However, it’s beyond the capacity of an ordinary man to decipher the right kind of test for any condition. Therefore, it’s advisable to seek physician consultation before undergoing any test.
What all factors should you keep in mind?
The type of health check depends on many personal factors, including your age, lifestyle, medical history and gender.
- Get enough sleep, at least 6 hours, prior to the check-up. Lack of sleep may cause abnormal results such as blood pressure, heartbeat, and body temperature. The doctor may not be able to assess if any change is a real abnormality.
- Do not eat or drink at least 8 – 10 hours prior to the check-up. Water, however, may be freely taken to avoid dehydration effects on blood sugar and cholesterol tests in the program.
- Please do not drink alcohol for at least 24 hours prior to appointment as drugs and alcohol may affect some tests. Please inform the doctor or nurse before the test.
- If you are taking medicine for hypertension, you can continue taking it as per the doctor’s prescription.
- If you have a chronic illness or other health problems, please bring any test results or medical reports with you to assist in diagnosis.
- For females, avoid 7 days before or after the menstrual period. If you are menstruating, you should not have urine analysis because there will be blood contamination which affects the interpretation of the result.
- Breast cancer screening by Digital Mammogram should avoid having the test during the menstrual period as the breast is tense at that time. The patient should have a mammogram after the period.
- If pregnant, please inform the staff to cancel the x-ray.
Where are you getting the health check done?
Your health check results or medical reports are the sole basis on which your doctor diagnoses your health problem and decides the treatment. That is why it is very important to get your health check done from a reputed and renowned pathology lab. For trusted results, amazing affordability and a hassle-free experience, Book your test now with Bansal Diagnostic Centre. For superior convenience, we also have a Free Home Sample Collection service. Call now at +91-9302297440.